I am the ultimate morning person! I like to get to work by 8:00am (although really I should be there by 7:30am… oops) and have a lot I want to get done before then! I typically wake up at 5:45, make myself a cup of coffee, do a yoga routine, take a shower, dry my hair, cook breakfast (yes, just ask my husband, I fully make myself eggs every. single. morning.) Because of everything I like to get done before I get to the office, I’ve learned to be efficient with my face care and makeup routine.
- Splurge on a great face wash that works for your skin. This Lancome mousse feels and smells so luxurious and I love the smell. It works perfectly with my dry and sensitive skin. It sounds so silly, but I do truly feel a difference from when I use other brands. I also noticed that very little of this goes a long way, so the tube typically lasts me 3 months or so.
- Toner – I love Clinique toner because it is gentle on my skin but strong for getting off any leftover makeup from the day before. I am OCD about never applying makeup to a face that isn’t completely clean. Toner is great to ensure you are starting with a blank palate and this Clinique one takes just a few quick swipes.
- Face lotion – again, Clinique is my absolute favorite for this. Applying face lotion in the morning is definitely not for everyone, but if you have dry skin (like me!) it is a must – it also helps keep the makeup I apply to stick to my face throughout the day!
- Splash a quick swipe of bronzer all over. I go a shade darker than my skin and brush on just a very light layer. Laura Mercier makes a nice matte palette that looks very natural. I always put a touch on my neck as well to make sure my face color doesn’t stand out too much!
- If you take anything away from this post try this NARS eye shadow!! I am obsessed with it. I have two – one to keep in my purse (since it is so little) and one to keep in my bathroom. I use the color Andromeda because it is sheer and appropriate for the day. I also apply it with my finger directly on my eye lid – no need for a brush. It adds just a subtle pop to your eyelid without looking like evening wear. If I ever go out for a dinner after work, I touch it up and even splash a bit on my cheekbones for a quick highlight.
- Liquid eyeliner is a must to get through the work week. It is the only kind that doesn’t smudge by the end of the day!
- I’ve tried all sorts of mascara throughout the years, and I know everyone has their favorites but Maybelline The Falsies is where my loyalty lies!
- Blush is the last thing I apply before I run out for the day – It definitely helps me look more awake than I usually am! I love the NARS stick so I could apply throughout the day.